Refund and Returns Policy
Statutory Conditions and Warranty / Refunds/ Repairs/ Replacements
- The Australian Consumer Law (“Law“) which forms part of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) implies into consumer contracts certain statutory conditions and warranties which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. These are in addition to any voluntary warranties offered by the manufacturer or supplier. Where there is a breach of such a warranty relating to goods or services, and the breach is in terms of the Australian Consumer Law, a “major” failure, then the remedy will be limited to a refund or a replacement, at your election. In all other cases, a breach of such warranty will give rise to a refund, repair or replacement at our election.
- As supplier, we provide the following express warranties subject to the following terms and conditions:
- We will refund, or replace the product as the case may be (with us or you deciding and determining the action to be taken according to whether the failure is major or non-major, as stated above) in the circumstances and to the extent required under the Law) if the product you receive does not match the sample or description, is substantially unfit for its intended or disclosed purpose or is not of acceptable quality (as defined in the Law) is unsafe, or if the alleged issue with the product is such that a reasonable consumer aware of the issue would not have acquired the product.
- Where a refund or replacement is to be provided under the terms of this warranty, we may to the extent permitted under the Law require the return of the product to us before refunding or replacing it.
- Replacement products are subject to the same warranties as the original.
- Refunds will be issued by direct deposit, cheque or PayPal at our discretion.
- In order to obtain these remedies:
- You must notify us within a reasonable time of supply of the goods. In this context a ‘reasonable time’ is from the time of supply until a time that it would be reasonable to expect the relevant failure to become apparent, considering the nature of goods. In many cases this will be 14 days, but in some circumstances may be longer. Please contact us and we will advise you of the best way to return any products.
- Except if and to the extent the Law requires otherwise, replacement of product or refund and reimbursement of freight costs will not be made until the original product is received by us and your claim verified.
- We aim to process refunds and replacements within 30 days of receipt by us of the original product.
- We do not refund or replace where in our reasonable opinion the product has following sale to you become of unacceptable quality, failure to use in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, using it in an abnormal way or failure to take reasonable care.
Change of mind returns / Store credit
- We are not obliged to provide a refund or allow an exchange simply because you changed your mind about a purchase.
- However, if you wish to return products for change of mind reasons (and provided that we agree to you doing so) to be eligible for a refund or credit, products must be returned in their original packaging and in saleable condition. We accept returns of UNOPEN cartons. (Generic Novelty Bags Only). Due to licensing agreements we are unable to accept credits on licensed showags or products due to change of mind. Damage or faulty licensed products can be returned on completion of goods return form from showbags.com.au
- Due to health and safety standards we can not accept any returns on any showbag containing confectionery, food items or in the Cadbury range.
- We will provide you with a credit for the purchase price less delivery fee.
- We reserve the right to charge a fee of the lower of 20% of the purchase price or $20, based on our reasonable estimate of the restocking costs associated with the change.
- Up to 20% of your original order may be refunded (full carton quantities only).
- We will provide you with a credit only when we receive the returned product. Return postage is at your expense.
- Store credits must be used within 12 months of issue. Store credits may only be used to purchase from showbags.com.au and are not redeemable for cash.
- showbags.com.au reserve the right to review and deny returns on a case by case basis.
Contact us at email@example.com for questions related to refunds and returns.